I HAVEN’T BEEN TRAINING MUCH / JUST COMING BACK FROM INJURY. HOW SHOULD I START?
We have a motto here at PSE- SKILL FIRST. If it is your first day of training or starting back up for the season, prioritize the skills and drills in both the Sport and Strength + Conditioning training. Building a good foundation of skill will allow you to add intensity then volume safely and most effectively. Here are some general guidelines for starting PSE PRO:
1. Take AT LEAST 4 weeks to ease into the full program.
2. Do 50% of the Sport interval work AND/OR rest 2x longer.
3. Start with 60-80% intensity on Sport and S+C and increase as your skill allows.
4. Scale the weight and the difficulty of the Strength + Conditioning movements down to where you can perform complete repetitions. (scaling options tagged in video of the movement)
5. In 4-6 weeks reassess your scaling options and progress your volume, weight and/or skill difficulty.
This progression process can take months and is something we always will be working on. Progress at your own pace as your skill and recovery allows.