The METABOLIC TEST + ASSESSMENT is a heart rate (HR) administered test that is designed to measure physical and metabolic stress and target engine inefficiencies. Modeled from the classic Conconi Test, we expanded the assessment to include other metabolic markers beyond the Aerobic and Anaerobic Threshold. Data points of heart rate, power output and stress levels are triangulated to provide you a snapshot of your own physiological map.
In the assessment we will provide you with ideal HR ranges to use with PSE PRO Sport programs or your own personal program. And also give you a recommended list of supplemental training to target your specific metabolic holes and identified stressors.
The METABOLIC TEST + ASSESSMENT is for the athlete who wants to optimize their overall engine efficiency and access their full fitness potential.
MORE ABOUT THE TEST:
- You can test on any modality that allows you to be stationary and measures Watts, RPM, or Speed. (Treadmill, Stationary Bike, Assault Bike, Erg, SkiErg)
- Choose a modality you are skilled in and are wanting to use for supplemental training
- You will need a heart rate (HR) monitor and an assistant to help note your heart rate (HR) so that you can provide the most accurate data.
- It is recommended to do only light workouts or take a rest day prior to the test.
- After purchase you will receive suggested starting instructions and a testing sheet.
- Once you have completed the test email your results in the given testing sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to retest and progress your fitness, it is recommended to retest every 6-8 weeks.
*After purchase you will receive a confirmation email. Please download the Metabolic Testing Sheet and the Starting Suggestion on the confirmation email for further instruction on testing and submission.