TRAINING: HOW IS THE PROGRAM PLANNED OUT EACH CYCLE?
PSE PRO is based off of a 9-week cycle to test and retest your power, speed and endurance. You do not need to do all workouts to get the most out of the program. In fact, we encourage you to learn to listen to your body and what it needs that day vs following the program to the T. The program is a guide, not gospel. If you are just starting out, HERE are some suggestions on how to ease into the program.
PSE PRO CYCLE SCHEDULE
|WEEK 1 – Test
|WEEKS 2-3 – Build Intensity and/or Volume
|WEEK 4 – Reduced Stimulus
|WEEKS 5-6 -Build Intensity and/or Volume
|WEEK 7 – Taper
|WEEK 8 – Re-Test
|WEEK 9 – Reduced Stimulus
PSE PRO WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Monday – Strength + Conditioning (S+C)
Tuesday – Short Intervals (SI) (PSE Move alternates Short and Long Aerobic Efficiency Intervals each Tuesday)
Wednesday – Strength + Conditioning (S+C) OR Active Recovery (R)
Thursday – Long Intervals (LI) (PSE Move includes Movement Flows on Thursday and offers optional Conditioning and Aerobic Efficiency work)
Friday – Sport Specific Strength + Conditioning (SS S+C)
Saturday – Stamina or Time Trial (S/TT) (PSE Move includes Aerobic Efficiency Stamina work on Saturday)
Sunday – Rest or Reduced Stimulus work. Includes introductory heat and cold exposure work
Each week includes:
- 3 Days of Sport Training
- 2 Days of Strength & Conditioning
- 1 Day of Strength & Conditioning with a Sport Bias
- 1-2 Days of reduced stimulus work
PSE PRO DAILY SCHEDULE
Daily Coach’s Notes are provided by each PSE PRO Head Coach to give context and intention to the day’s programming.
SPORT (& MOVE) PROGRAMS
Training sessions take between 45-60 minutes on average depending on how efficiently you move through the session and is made up of several phases of varying stimuli.
- Phase 1 – Pre-training, up-regulating breathwork
- Phase 2 – Dynamic movement prep
- Phase 3 – Strength training, Sport focused drills or Auxiliary movements to support your fine motor skill and efficiency development
- Phase 4 – Sport training, Strength + Conditioning or movement flows
- Phase 5 – Low intensity and/or low volume movement and/or mobility work
- Phase 6 – Post-training, down-regulating breathwork
*This is available to all PSE PRO members
Nutrition advice, education and tips, nutrition myth-busting and recipes provided several times a week.
You can also access the FUEL recipe archive.